Africa Tech Festival will once again meet in Cape Town to collaborate, innovate, and map Africa’s digital progression. Keeping pace with the sheer scale of development and setting the scene for even more to come, this year’s festival will be the biggest, boldest, and most exciting yet.
Taking place 13-16 November this year, delegates and visitors can once again expect a supercharged comprehensive representation of the vast and broad technology ecosystem and an action-packed week celebrating the continent’s vibrant tech scene. As technology is ever evolving and growing, Africa Tech Festival is the ideal environment in which to stress test new ideas, as well the space in which to connect, foster cross-continental co-operation and collaboration and is a showcase for inspiring examples of tech for good.
Helping guide the process and ensuring the right content is on offer, organisers of the festival, Informa Tech, have gathered several of the continent’s most influential change shapers to form a Leadership Council.
Responsible for the overall direction of the festival, James Williams, Director, Events | Connecting Africa | Informa Tech, has a big task on his hands to ensure that the content not only resonates with where Africa is today, but in where it is headed tomorrow and beyond. Of the formation of the Leadership Council, Williams says: “For Africa Tech Festival to remain at the cutting edge of an industry that is changing so quickly, we decided to partner with the continent’s guiding lights who have their fingers on the digital pulse of the continent so we can keep our content relevant and on point.
“We are delighted with the results so far and thank our council members for giving of their time and expertise so readily. It is in collaboration that we can connect the dots and forge new connections that will lead to economic prosperity for all the African continent’s people.”
Members of the Leadership Council include:
- · Amadou Diallo: Chief Executive Officer Middle East & Africa at DHL Global Forwarding
- · Funke Opeke: CEO of MainOne
- · Richard Cazalet: Exec Strategy and Transformation at Telkom SA
- · Velma Corcoran: General Manager, Middle East and Africa at Airbnb
- · Kuseni Dlamini: Chairman of Massmart
- · Nitin Gajria: Managing Director, Sub-Saharan Africa at Google
- · Prasanna Kumar Burri: Group Chief Information Officer, Dangote Group
- · Nollie Maoto: Chief Data and Analytics Officer – Merchant Services, FNB South Africa
- · Jocelyne Muhutu-Remy: Managing Director, Sub-Saharan Africa, Spotify
- · Razvan Ungureanu: Group CTO for Airtel Africa
- · Stephen Kiptinness, Chief Corporate Affairs Officer, Safaricom