Samsung has finally unveiled its latest flagship series, the Samsung Galaxy S23. The company has unveiled this phone today and will be available in Kenya in the coming weeks. Pre-orders are set to start from February 2.
The Samsung Galaxy S23 series is made up of three devices, the standard Galaxy S23, the Galaxy S23+ and the Galaxy S23 Ultra. All the devices will be available at Samsung authorized dealer stores including Safaricom from 1st March 2023.
All these three variants will be available in Kenya soon. As for prices, you can see that below:
Samsung Galaxy S23 – Ksh 135,999 (256GB)
Samsung Galaxy S23+ – Ksh 154,999 (256GB)
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra – Ksh 195,999 (256GB) and Ksh 209,999 (512GB).
The base model Galaxy S23 is priced at Ksh 135,999 for the 8GB RAM and 128 GB storage model. The Galaxy S23+ starts at Ksh 154,999 for the 8GB RAM and 256GB storage.
The premium Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra starts at Ksh 195,999 for the 12 GB RAM and 256GB model, while the 12 GB and 512GB storage variant is priced at Ksh 209,999.
Samsung Galaxy S23 – Specifications
- The base Galaxy S23 is backed by Android 13 and One UI 5.1
- 6.1-inch full-HD+ Dynamic AMOLED 2X display with Gorilla Glass Victus 2 protection
- Adaptive 120Hz refresh rate
- The S23 has an octa-core 4nm SoC with 8GB RAM
- It is powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 Processor
- The S23 comes with a triple rear camera module with a 50MP primary camera, 12 MP ultra-wide and a 1OMP telephoto camera with an f/2.4 aperture lens, 3X optical zoom and OIS
- The device also has a 12MP selfie camera. The smartphone offers up to 512 GB storage and 5G, 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 6, Bluetooth v5.3, GPS/ A-GPS, NFC, and USB Type-C port connectivity options
- The Galaxy S23 comes with a 3,900mAh battery with fast charging at 25W and 10W wireless charging.
Samsung Galaxy S23+ – Specifications
- The S23+ runs on Android 13 with One UI 5.1 on top
- 6.6 inch-full HD+Dynamic AMOLED 2X Display with Gorilla Glass Victus 2 protection
- 120Hz refresh and HDR10+ Support
- This model too comes with an octa-core 4nm SoC with 8 GB RAM and 256GB or 512GB onboard storage
- The S23+ features a triple-rear camera module with a 50MPDual Pixel autofocus camera, 12MP ultra-wide camera, and a 10MP telephoto camera. The device has a 12MP selfie camera, 5G, 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 6, Bluetooth v5.3, GPS/ A-GPS, NFC, and USB Type-C port connectivity options
- It is powered by a 4,700mAh battery with 45W fast charging, 10W wireless charging, and 4.5W reverse wireless charging.
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra – Specifications
- It is the only device in the S23 series to feature an S Pen
- The premium smartphone runs on Android 13 and One UI 5.1 on top
- 6.8-inch Edge QHD+ Dynamic AMOLED 2X display with an adaptive refresh rate of 120Hz
- Gorilla Glass Victus 2 protection.
- An octa-core 4nm SoC with 12GB RAM powers the Galaxy S23 Ultra
- Quad rear camera setup with a 200MP wide-angle camera, 12MP ultrawide camera, a 10MP periscope telephoto camera and a fourth 10MP telephoto camera, 5G, 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 6, Bluetooth v5.3, GPS/ A-GPS, NFC, and USB Type-C port connectivity options
- It features a 12MP camera front camera
- Powered by a 5,000mAh battery with 45W fast charging support, wireless charging at 10W, and 4.5W reverse wireless charging.
Speaking during the Galaxy S23 event Samsung Electronics East Africa Director of Mobile Experience Mr. Charles Kimari noted “We understand that the economic climate worldwide is quite turbulent and customers are tightening their belts in the way they spend. As a business, we are looking to increase inclusivity and affordability for our consumers so that they can acquire the Galaxy S23 Ultra, S23+ and S23 devices and one of this ways we are doing this is through strategic partnerships with finance partners. We already have a working agreement with KCB and Safaricom as the first two official device financing partners and are working on getting more partners on board to allow more Kenyans to acquire our devices at a pace that works for them. These strategic partnerships are what we believe will shape the device acquisition landscape in Kenya”.
Samsung Galaxy S23 Pre-orders in Kenya
As I have mentioned, The Galaxy S23 Series phones are available on pre-order from now 28th February 2023. Those that pre-order the Galaxy S23 Ultra will receive an automatic upgrade from a 256 GB to 528 GB device storage worth 20,000 shillings, they will receive 10 GB data each month for one-year period (Safaricom Network only). Those that pre-order the Galaxy S23+ and the Galaxy S23 will receive a free silicone case as well as 10GB data each month for one year. The Galaxy S23 Ultra, Galaxy S23+ and Galaxy S23 will also be eligible for Samsung Care+, which offers among other things 1-year free screen protection . The pre-order will be available at all authorized Samsung Dealer stores.
The Galaxy S23 series comes in four nature-inspired matte hues: Phantom Black, Cream, Green and Lavender .