Oppo is by no doubt among the slowest companies to update its devices to the latest Android version. But at least for its flagship devices, the company is making considerable efforts to ensure these flagships are up to date with Google’s software updates.
According to the latest reports, the company is currently inviting Reno 10X Zoom users to hop into their Android 10 beta testing program. That means the company plans to update their devices as soon as possible.
The company revealed that Android 10 will still be based on Color OS version 6. Taking a look at the official changelog for Color OS 6 based on Android 10, here is what is new;
- New system-wide dark mode
- Updated Camera optimization software
- Cloud disk adds support for storing personal files
- File Management adds a “Recent” view, displaying the last 30 days of files in chronological order plus, now has a new memory storage rights management system and complete privacy protection.
- Control Center – The drop-down notification page can display more switches to optimize the one-handed interactive experience, and the quick switch is more convenient to use.
- Focus Mode
- Random Mac Address, among others
How to Enroll in the Android 10 Beta Program
Pre-requisites; Device model number – PCCM00 and the phone version MUST be PCCM00_11_A.42.
- Go to Settings
- Then Software Update
- Tap on the upper Right Corner Settings Icon
- Finally, click on “Upgrade Early Adoption.”
Oppo says only 800 beta testers will be accommodated in this early stage. The company’s VP, Shen Yiren, had earlier revealed that the Oppo Reno 10X Zoom would also be part of the devices that will be updated with the company’s next Android iteration version, ColorOS 7.