Last year, the TECNO Spark 2 was one of my favorite smartphone under Ksh 15,000. With its updated design, bigger display and impressive cameras, the Spark 2 provided an experience you would not easily get from the other smartphones within its price range. The Spark series is the company’s best-selling series and having used the Spark 2, it is clear why this is the case.
In 2019, TECNO will be updating this series with the launch of the Spark 3 Pro. The launch is expected to happen later this month or early next month in Kenya. Nothing much is known about this phone so far as the company is yet to officially share information about this phone.
The TECNO Spark 3 Pro will be the first smartphone from the company to launch in the country this year and I am curious to see what it brings to the market. The last phone from the company that we reviewed was the Camon 11 that was launched towards the end of 2018. Unlike the Camon series that was available for more that Ksh 15,000, the Spark 3 Pro is expected to be retail for less than Ksh 15,000 when it is available in the country. At this price, it will be competing with the Infinix HOT 7 that was launched in the country this week.
What we Know About the TECNO Spark 3
- Even though TECNO has not shared much about this phone, there are a few things we know about this phone so far.
- We know that there will be two versions of this phone, the standard TECNO Spark 3 and the Spark 3 Pro. This has been the trend with most other smartphone brands and even its sister company, Infinix, has done that with the Hot 7 and the Hot 7 Pro. As expected, the TECNO Spark 3 Pro will be expensive compared to the standard Spark 3.
- The TECNO Spark 3 will also come with Android 9.0 Pie out of the box. This will give the company some bragging rights as most smartphones it will be competing with, including the Infinix Hot 7, still have Android Oreo.
- As with most 2019 smartphones, the TECNO Spark 3 will support 4G LTE connectivity. Consumers demand faster speeds and given that 4G coverage in Kenya, in most major towns, keeps expanding by the day, having a 4G enabled smartphone is a must.
- The TECNO Spark 3 will also have AI enabled cameras. These will be able to recognize different scenes when you are taking photos and adjust the settings to ensure you get the perfect shot every time.
This is what we know about the TECNO Spark 3 so far, I will update you with more information if and when I get it.
Now Read: TECNO Camon 11 Review