Snapchat has gained immense popularity over the years, allowing users to share photos, videos, and messages that disappear after a short period. However, if you’ve decided that it’s time to part ways with the platform or you’re facing any issues, deleting your Snapchat account is a straightforward process.
Before we dive into the deletion process, it’s important to note that deleting your Snapchat account is a permanent action. Once deleted, your account and all associated data cannot be recovered. Additionally, keep in mind that the deletion process takes a total of 60 days. During this time, your account will be deactivated for the first 30 days, and then it will take an additional 30 days for the account deletion to be finalized. Now, let’s proceed with the account deletion instructions.
Deleting Your Snapchat Account on iOS
- Launch the Snapchat app on your iOS device.
- Tap the ⚙️ button located on the Profile screen to open Settings.
- Scroll down and find the “Account Actions” section.
- Tap on “Delete Account.”
- Follow the on-screen instructions to confirm the deletion of your account.
Deleting Your Snapchat Account on Android or the Web
- Open a web browser and go to the Snapchat accounts portal.
- Enter the username and password for the account you wish to delete. Make sure to have this information handy in case you change your mind and want to reactivate your account.
- After providing the necessary credentials, follow the steps to delete your account.
Account Deactivation and Deletion Timeline
Once you’ve initiated the account deletion process, your account will first be deactivated for 30 days. During this period, your friends will be unable to contact or interact with you on Snapchat. However, if you decide to reconsider, you can reactivate your account within these 30 days by simply logging into your account.
After the initial 30-day deactivation period, the account deletion process will begin. This process also takes another 30 days. Thus, your account will be permanently deleted 60 days after you initiate the deletion process.