Safaricom Skiza Tunes is the company’s ring-back service that lets users entertain their callers with their favourite sound or music tunes. This service was launched back in 2009 and has seen tremendous growth ever since.
Back in 2017, it was reported that over 132,000 tunes were downloaded. This number keeps on rising every single day and in this post we will look at some of the key things you need to know about Skiza tunes.
How to Subscribe to Skiza Tunes
There are five main ways to subscribe to Skiza tunes. These are:
- Through the Skiza USSD code
- Through SMS
- Through the website
- Interactive Voice Response
- Express Copying
Subscribe to Skiza Tunes Using USSD Code
To subscribe to Skiza tunes using the USSD Code, you will have to:
- Dial *811# on your phone
- Choose Subscribe to Skiza
- Input the Skiza tune code that you want to subscribe to
- Download your Skiza tune
- Confirm and Subscribe
Subscribe to Skiza Tunes Through SMS
To get Skiza tune via SMS:
- Send and SMS with the word ‘SKIZA’ followed by the Skiza tune code you would like to 811. Eg SKIZA 5000001.
- You will get an SMS back asking you to confirm your subscription
- Confirm and your tune will be set
Subscribe to Skiza Tunes Through the Website
- You can also subscribe to Skiza tunes through the internet by logging in to safaricom.co.ke.
- Go through the list of available tunes and choose the one you like and want.
Subscribe to Skiza Tunes Through Interactive Voice Response
To use interactive voice response to subscribe o Skiza tunes, Dial 811 and follow the voice prompts.
Subscribe to Skiza Tunes by Express Copying
You can also copy a Skiza tune from another person that you are calling by dialling 11 when the ring tone is playing.
Skiza Tune rates and charges
- Subscribing to Skiza tunes attracts a daily fee of Ksh 1.00 for local tunes and Ksh 1.50 for international tunes.
- For Interactive Voice Access an access fees of Kes.3.00 per Minute, with per second billing.
How to Delete your Skiza Tune
To delete a Skiza tune, you can send an SMS to 811 with the word DELETE and the SKIZA Code of the tune you want to delete.