SpaceX is currently hiring a growth manager for Starlink Internet service in Sub-Saharan Africa. The job listing has been posted on the Greenhouse recruitment website.
The growth manager will join the Growth team and will be responsible for launching, growing, and improving Starlink throughout Africa. The candidate will also be accountable for Starlink’s growth and success in the region, identifying and removing barriers to growth, championing user experience, and driving initiatives to accelerate adoption.
The candidate will be based in Nairobi, Kenya and will report to Starlink’s team based at its headquarters in Hawthorne, California.
Roles and Responsibilities
Here are some of the other key responsibilities of the growth manager:
- Own growth of active consumer subscriber base in the region, identifying blockers and prioritizing levers for growth.
- Set vision, develop strategy, and manage a budget around consumer growth initiatives strategies, and tactics to meet company goals in the region.
- Deeply understand the customer experience in the country, elevating insights to drive localized improvements.
- Develop dashboards to track progress, drive improvements to growth and operational metrics, work with the operations team to create forecasts, and communicate to the broader Starlink team and Senior Leadership.
- Engage with local partners to drive efforts catered to the market, understand what’s working and what’s not, and drive continuous improvement.
- Champion key strategic consumer-focused projects end-to-end by collaborating and working cross-functionally with Operations, Engineering, Marketing, Sales, and Support teams.
Given that this is a senior role, the qualifications are:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of experience in consulting or project management
- 3+ years of experience in Excel and SQL
- 2+ years of experience in leading interdisciplinary projects
- Current residency and work authorization in Africa
Other preferred skills are:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, supply chain, management information systems, computer science, engineering, or economics disciplines.
- 8+ years of relevant work experience in go-to-market, growth, international operations, consulting, software, internet, and/or media industries, or early-stage companies.
- Proven ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience leading complex operational and strategic initiatives.
- Demonstrated track record of cross-functional stakeholder management and leadership through influence.
- Distinctive project management, problem-solving, and analysis skills, combined with business judgment and top communication skills.
- Experience working in broadband internet or other consumer product industries.
- Master’s degree in management, engineering, or supply chain.