If you are using Safaricom, you may have come the premium rate SMS services that can be very useful and sometimes very annoying. They can be useful since some of them provide you with valuable information and can be annoying as some of them send you numerous text messages that eat up your airtime.
“Safaricom has partnerships with licensed Premium Rate Service providers whose core business is to run services and promotions on short codes leased to them by Safaricom”- Safaricom.
If you are one of those annoyed by Safaricom’s premium rate SMS services, there is a way to unsubscribe for such services. This is helpful as some of the companies offering such service do not offer users a straightforward way to do this.
Below are the steps to follow.
- Dial *100# OK if you are on prepay or *200# for post pay users.
- Choose option 5 (My SMS Services) from the list of options
- Choose the first option (SMS Services)
- You will see a prompt with ‘Buy SMS Service’ and ‘My Active SMS Services’. You should choose the second option to see the active SMS services on your line.
- From there, you will see the premium rate SMS services you are subscribed on and choose the ones you want to unsubscribe from.
Note: You can see the SMS services you are subscribed on directly by dialing this *100#5#1#2#
Read More: How to Get M-Pesa Statements Via Email