Jumia market, which recently rebranded from Kaymu, is well known for providing a platform for sellers to sell their products, it’s lightning fast delivery and best deals. When it was formed a little over a year ago, Jumia Market revolutionized the way online businesses are done by focusing on small sellers.
Here is a list of things you did not know about marketplace.
- Jumia Market is part of the e-commerce giant Jumia Group which was formerly known as Africa Internet group. The group was recently ranked by Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) among the smartest companies in the world. Other ventures under the group are Jumia, Jumia Travel, Jumia Food and Jumia Services. The group aims at improving people’s lives through connecting Africa consumers and entrepreneurs to do better businesses together.
- There is a big difference between Jumia Market and Jumia. Jumia Market is purely a marketplace that provides a platform for sellers to sell their products and does not own the stock. Jumia Market as a community puts high emphasis on people interactions and therefore prefer to connect buyers to sellers directly offering a very unique and personalized experience. Jumia as an online retailer interacts directly with its sellers and thus replicates the mall experience online.
- Anyone can be a seller on Jumia Market as it is fully focused on seller’s development. Whether you are a student and want to make an extra buck or a shop owner who wants to explore different ways to make sales. Jumia Market is full of success stories from a wide variety of merchants. The website is easy to navigate and very user friendly. Good quality images and well-constructed products descriptions make the sellers products stand out.
- Sellers get 100% free training on how to be the best and profitable sellers. No payment is needed to open an account.
- Jumia Market has a pick – up point in the CBD. Buyers can pick Items at zero delivery fee at Jumia Marke Mjini which is at Pioneer building along Kimathi street.
- Although Jumia Market has different payment methods, most customers prefer the Cash On Delivery payment method. Considering that most people are hesitant to pre-pay due to online fraud, Jumia market has a safe-pay method where you pay the through a paybill number and the money is released to the seller once the buyer has received the product and is satisfied. Jumia market return policy is 3 days. The policy guarantees that if you don’t receive your item or it doesn’t meet the listings description, Jumia Market will refund the full amount.
- The Jumia Market team contains of self-driven, fun and motivated young professionals. The average age of the team is 27 years old inclusive of the MD.
- Jumia market has a feedback system in which buyers can rate their favorite sellers. follow them to get updates about new arrivals and deals, favorite products and chat directly with sellers. Your reputation as a seller and customer service is your best selling point.
- The most expensive product ever sold on Jumia market was a Frank Muller watch worth Kshs 1.4Million which received mainstream media attention. The watch was sold by a student from the University Of Nairobi.
- 70% of the buyers are men who actively purchase fashion products such as shoes, t-shirts and gadgets.