Microsoft yesterday announced the availability of the Lumia 530 in Kenya for only Kshs 10, 999 at all Orange and authorised dealer shops. A powerful entry to Windows Phone 8.1, the Lumia 530 delivers an amazing value smartphone experience with Microsoft innovations and services found in high-end Lumia smartphones.
A powerful entry to Windows Phone 8.1 ensures an uncompromised smartphone experience withleading Microsoft and Lumia innovations
Available in both single SIM 3G and Dual SIM 3G variants, the Lumia 530provides the perfect balance of latest generation smartphone features and experiences at an ultra-affordable price, to welcome more people to the Microsoft ecosystem. With the leading personalisation brought by Windows Phone 8.1, the Lumia 530 delivers:
- Windows Phone 8.1including one swipe notifications from Action Centre and the fast Word Flow keyboard.
- A powerful quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon processor delivers a super-fast and lag-free user experience of your favourite apps, gaming and internet browsing on the 4-inch LCD display. Seamless integration with Microsoft services such as Skype and Microsoft Office, available right out of the box.
- Offers popular apps such as Instagram, WhatsApp, Viber and WeChat, plus key gaming apps such as Asphalt 8, available in the Windows Phone Store.
- Great offline services that save time and money, including uninterrupted music streaming with Music +and maps with offline navigation both home and abroad.
- The Dual SIM3G variant offers easy switching between two SIM cards, helping people manage their data costs by clearly separating calls and messages to make it cheaper and easier to connect.
- Offers a smooth performance with signature Lumia apps such as Creative Studio and Glam Me, which helps people take quality voice-guided selfies with the 5MP rear camera.
- People can enjoy more of the content and apps they love with 4GB of on-board memory, expandable with SD cards up to 128GB. Plus, an additional 15GB of free cloud storage on Microsoft OneDrive that lets people sync, store, access and share files between Lumia 530 and computers, laptops and tablets.
“With high end apps, features and exceptional build quality at an amazing price, the Lumia 530 sets the benchmark for affordable smartphones.” said Kingori Gitahi, Product Manager, Microsoft Devices Group. ”The Lumia 530 demonstrates our focus on welcoming more people to the Windows Phone ecosystem with amazing devices that light up Microsoft’s digital work and life experiences at an affordable price point.”
The Lumia 530 is expected to be available in Kenya from 2nd October 2014. The Lumia 530 will be available in a range of colours including bright orange, bright green and stylish neutrals such as dark grey and white, along with a selection of changeable shells in a variety of colours.
“Our association with Microsoft on the launch of the Lumia 530 is a strategic and timely move with an ever changing smartphone market in which devices are becoming increasingly affordable and accessible. The partnership is consistent with the company’s brand promise of providing innovative solutions and products that are relevant to its market segments, thereby adding to the value proposition of its customers”, said George Mlaghui, Orange Telkom Kenya’s Chief Corporate Communications Officer.
[table caption=”Tech specs summary:” width=”500″ colwidth=”100|250|50″ colalign=”left|left|center|left|right”]
Operating System,Windows Phone 8.1 with Lumia Cyan
Display,4.0” FWVGA LCD display
Battery,Upto 22hours standby;13 hours 2G talktime. Battery capacity: 1430mAh
Connectivity,HSPA+ 21Mbps/5.76Mbps; Wi-Fi (b/g/n); BT 4.0; micro-USB
Processor,1.2GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 200
Memory,512MB RAM; 4GB eMMC with up to 128GB micro SD card support
The Lumia 530 will be bundled together with Coloud Bang speaker for Kshs 10,999 and will be exclusively available at all Orange shops. The Bang speaker is just as colourful and handsome as any of its predecessors, but this time in the form of a mini speaker, not a headset. With heavy emphasis on the design, it is easy to notice that the Bang doesn’t look like the conventional round speaker but instead triangular. One unique feature is that users can also daisy chain many speakers together to create a much bigger sound.