Microsoft has announced that the Nokia X2 is now available for purchase in Kenya. The Nokia X2 delivers upgraded specifications, more popular Microsoft services and a smoother, easier user experience at an affordable price.
“The Nokia X2 was designed to help the next billion people connect to the mobile Internet and cloud services, affordably,” said Kingori Gitahi, Product Manager, Microsoft. “Following on from the great reception we saw to the first Nokia X device, we’re pleased to offer the next step in the line-up with the affordable Nokia X2.”
The Nokia X2 boasts a larger 4.3” ClearBlack display, a 5MP rear-facing, autofocus camera with flash, as well as a front-facing VGA camera. The smartphone also benefits from a Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 200 processor featuring a dual core 1.2 GHz CPU and 1GB of RAM, to make switching between favourite apps even more fluid.
Out of the box, people can enjoy Microsoft services like Outlook.com, Skype and 15GB of free OneDrive cloud storage, while new apps like OneNote and Yammer are now available to download for free from the Nokia Store.
The Nokia X2’s seamless monobody and exchangeable back covers with the ‘inner glow’ design beautifully complement major enhancements to the user interface. These include a new ‘home’ button and a choice of screens to make navigation a breeze:
- A colourful, tile-based ‘home’ screen with resizeable, live tiles
- The unique Fastlane feature for accessing most recent apps and future appointments
- A Lumia-inspired apps list, from which people can pin items to the home screen
- Visual multitasking screen is accessed by long-pressing the ‘back’ button
- The pull-down notification centre shows connectivity, app and system alerts
The Nokia X2 is available in black and white.
The dual SIM Nokia X2 is now available in Kenya starting at Kshs 13,500