As you are aware by now, Facebook unveiled their new app, Facebook paper only available for iOS devices for now. Unfortunately, even if you have an iOS device but using it outside the United States, you will still be unable to download this app.
For those of you outside the US and still want this app, here is the procedure to follow.
- Grab your iPhone/iPad. Open up the App Store
- Scroll to the bottom of the screen.
- Tap the button that says “Apple ID: [your email here]”
- Tap “View Apple ID”.
- Enter your password
- Find the section that keeps track of your country. Tap the “Change country or region” button.
- Change your country to United States
- When it asks for your payment info, just choose “None”. Like we said above: if you’re trying to get a paid app, you’ll need to find legit payment info tied to a US address for this part. But since Paper is free, you’re good to go.
- Hurray! You’re now on the US App Store. Go download Paper, then you can change your settings back by following the same steps again.
- Here’s the direct link to the app’s page, if you need it
Note: This may not work for all users and if that is the case you will have to log out of your iTunes account on you iDevice and create a new account directly on your device using US account information. This means you create an entirely new account to facilitate the whole process as some users have told me they could not see the “None” tab on the payment info.