Google is known to many as the search engine giant but today the company introduced a number of April Fools’ pranks that clearly showed that the guys at Google can also have fun in their own way .
Google started their April Fools’ shenanigans with a YouTube video announcing that it had received enough entries to pick the best overall video. It continued to add that YouTube will be shut down until 2023 when the winner will be unveiled.
Thanks for all your great entries.
YouTube finally has enough videos to begin selecting a winner.
What do you think is the #bestvideo on YouTube?
We’ve been thrilled with all of the diverse, creative entries we’ve seen so far, and we can’t wait to begin the process of selecting the best video. We’ll be announcing the winner in 10 years.
In another prank, Google announced probably the silliest thing yet, Google Nose. The service lets you type in keywords for smells like “lemon” or “new car.” They referred to this service as “the new scentsation in search” and continues to list a number of other features.
- Your internet sommelier: expertly curated Knowledge Panels pair images, descriptions, and aromas.
- Take a wiff: the Google Aromabase – 15M+ scentibytes.
- Don’t ask, don’t smell: For when you’re wary of your query – SafeSearch included.
- Street Sense vehicles have inhaled and indexed millions of atmospheric miles.
- Android Ambient Odor Detection collects smells via the world’s most sensible mobile operating system.
- SMELLCD™ 1.8+ high-resolution compatible for precise and controlled odors.
Expect more pranks from Google as the day goes by.